What's your most used Acupuncture point?

A general discussion forum for everything and anything. (Covering topics such as the latest Acupuncture news and research, Acupuncture theory, clinical practice, clinical experiences and treatment.)

Moderators: JY, PeterG

What's your most used Acupuncture point?

Postby PeterG » Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:36 pm

Which Acupuncture point do you use the most? No specific condition, just your most used point.
Last edited by PeterG on Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
PeterG

Postby Nafets » Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:01 pm

I probably use LR 3 - Tai Chong, most often.
Great point for strengthening the LR function of providing smooth flow of blood and Qi. Also clears heat to a certain extent.
Excellent to use with LI 4 He Gu in the combination called Si Men, Four Gates to clear the Jing Luo, as preparation for further treatments.
Nafets
Forum Newbie

Postby Tim Cleary » Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:13 am

Probably TE5, for all sorts of reasons, but not least for its role as the Outer Gate (Waiguan). I also use it with GB41 for clearing Yang Wei Mai/Dai Mai problems.

A close second would be SP2/SP3- but that's mostly on myself.

Anyone else?
Treatment is Diagnosis; Diagnosis is Treatment
Tim Cleary
Forum Newbie

Postby Gye » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:29 pm

As I treat constitutionally (Earth points on Earth people etc.) it limits me on this question but.. Kidney 24 - Spirit Burial Ground is one of my favorites as it helps the person feel like they are coming back to life, immediatly changes the quality of shen in the persons eyes, good for any contitiutioal element person,

All the best,

Gye
Gye
Forum Newbie

Postby lyndaroxanne » Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:13 pm

Yin Tang for pacifying the Shen and calming the mind
lyndaroxanne
Forum Newbie

mariam lee great ten

Postby drgreg » Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:35 pm

I often use Li 4, Lu7, Li 11, St 36, and Sp6 (Mariam Lee Great Ten) for most of the diseases
drgreg
Forum Newbie

Most commonly used acupuncture point

Postby Barry » Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:13 pm

Perhaps the point I use more than any other is GB-34 Yang Ling Quan. The Lower He-Sea point of the Gall Bladder channel and the 10th of Ma Dan Yang's Twelve Star points. Amongst other things.
I have found this point to be really effective emotionally & psychologically. Traditionally this point has been recognised for releasing the tendons and moving Liver Qi. Which may explain some of why I have found it most useful in treating depression and anxiety.
I’ll often use it in conjunction with SJ-5 Waiguan as an alternative to the ‘Four Gates’, which for depleted patients I have found can be too stimulating.
One other point that gets used time and time again is Sp-6 San Yin Jiao – it’s just wonderful!!
Barry
Forum Newbie

Postby luke » Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:48 pm

I am quite partial to Sp6
luke

Postby janie » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:42 am

Hi guys, great question - I agree with Yintang, definitely my favourite point but my most used......... hmm, trickier.
I would probably have to say, Ki 3. Ensuring the Kidneys are strong and robust sets a strong base for the other organs to flourish...
j
janie
Forum Newbie

Return to Acupuncture Discussion Forum