Registration as well as association fees!

A general discussion forum for everything and anything. (Covering topics such as the latest Acupuncture news and research, Acupuncture theory, clinical practice, clinical experiences and treatment.)

Moderators: JY, PeterG

Registration as well as association fees!

Postby mrpin » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:40 pm

It seems now that we have registration in oz that some of the insurance companies are insisting on practitioners being a member of an association as well as being registered to provide rebates.
That's an extra $600 out of pocket for nothing! On top of $700 registration for no benefit!
I love to help people get better, but not when the beurocracy starts to get beyond a joke.
So i guess the public health system can now pick up the tab from what I have been saving them in Medicare visits!
In a vote with my feet kind of protest, I have now left the field.
So long guys!

:wink:
mrpin

Postby Doc » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:47 am

You can chose an association with less then 200 a year with same benefits. Look ATMS
Regards
Igor
Doc

Re: Registration as well as association fees!

Postby mrpin » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:51 pm

Thanks igor,
It's more about the increase in petty rules imposed by the insurance companies than anything else with very little benefit.
I just frankly cant be bothered with them any more, so have decided to leave this field.
I wish all well, but sure wouldn't recommend it as a profession in its current state.
mrpin

Postby coburgtcm » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:15 pm

The big problem Mrpin is the cronyism that occurs with the insurance companies. They fail to apply the legislation that governs them correctly. They always quote rule 10 in order to get a provider number. However as part of the new national registration chinese medicine now falls under rule 7. This means regardless of association membership health insurers should give any practioner a provider number under rule 7.

I wish you well in your ongoing endeavours mrPin
coburgtcm
Forum Newbie

Postby jhonpointing » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:54 pm

First of all thanks for sharing your valuable suggestions with us.
jhonpointing

Return to Acupuncture Discussion Forum