Acupunture Reference Books

A general discussion forum for everything and anything. (Covering topics such as the latest Acupuncture news and research, Acupuncture theory, clinical practice, clinical experiences and treatment.)

Moderators: JY, PeterG

Acupunture Reference Books

Postby philc99 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:10 am

Hi,
I have a friend who is commencing studies in Acupuncture this month and I would like to purchase a gift for them.
I would like to purchase a high quality Chinese language reference book on Acupuncture as well as a Chinese to English Medical Dictionary. The ideal books would assist in the course and be a good reference book for later use in practice.
Could anyone provide me with the names of books that would be suitable?
Thankyou Phil
philc99
Forum Newbie

Re: Acupunture Reference Books

Postby Sensei » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:19 am

The Foundations of Chinese Medicine by Giovanni Maccioca is a good introductory book to the principles of Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine. It does incorporate some aspects of Chinese Language into its terminology.

Another great book regarding diagnosis and Chinese Medicine pattern identification is Zang Fu Syndromes by John McDonald and Joel Penner.

Most books will have some chinese language incorporated into it.

Hope this helps.

philc99 wrote:Hi,
I have a friend who is commencing studies in Acupuncture this month and I would like to purchase a gift for them.
I would like to purchase a high quality Chinese language reference book on Acupuncture as well as a Chinese to English Medical Dictionary. The ideal books would assist in the course and be a good reference book for later use in practice.
Could anyone provide me with the names of books that would be suitable?
Thankyou Phil
Sensei

Re: Acupunture Reference Books

Postby jhonpointing » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:38 pm

Masters of TCM has a strong sense of commitment and purpose to each patient; this is why they are the only clinic offering at least 1.5 hour treatments with each appointment and the extremely high success rate.
They have a very special policy in that when you book your 8 sessions upfront and if your initial ailment has not reached at least an 80% success rate in your eyes….. they treat you gratis for 4 additional treatments.
jhonpointing

Return to Acupuncture Discussion Forum