Acupuncture: Breaking the Limits of TCM

A general discussion forum for everything and anything. (Covering topics such as the latest Acupuncture news and research, Acupuncture theory, clinical practice, clinical experiences and treatment.)

Moderators: JY, PeterG

Acupuncture: Breaking the Limits of TCM

Postby goldenspear81 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:46 pm

In recent years there have been a large number of acupuncturists looking outside the conventions of Traditional Chinese Medicine. One of the largest movements occurring in the field is the use of meridian based methods for identifying patterns of disharmony. Techniques like Master Tung style, the Balance Method, Japanese protocols, and Meridian Circuit Systems are redefining the way many acupuncturist think about syndrome differentiation and treatment design.

Where most TCM trained acupuncturist are using zang-fu and 5-element methods for diagnosis and treatment, the Meridian Circuit Systems protocols identify patterns of imbalance based on the associations between the meridians. So for digestive imbalances that involve the stomach or large intestine, we may speak of a yang ming imbalance. Extending this further, while accounting for the horary cycle and Zang Fu Bei Tong theory, we find that the yang ming connects with the tai yin (spleen and lungs), and the jue yin (liver and pericardium).

Therefore, in the Meridian Circuit Systems method we may speak of a yang ming – tai yin pattern, which is characterized by the simultaneous occurrence of digestive and lung symptoms. These patters are quite common in clinic and can be seen in conditions like food allergies and Candida. Similarly, a yang ming – jue yin pattern is defined by stomach or colon symptoms that are rooted in liver or heart imbalances. Digestive conditions that result from stress, or are associated with other forms of mental and emotional patterns, are usually identified as a yang ming – jue yin pattern.

Some of the main advantages of using a meridian based approach are that they give a wider perspective on the disease pathology, increase diagnostic abilities, and guide the development of treatment design in terms of meridian and point selections.

For more information about one of the most recent advances in this field of acupuncture refer to: [link removed, violates terms of use policy. please paste information.]
goldenspear81

Re: Acupuncture: Breaking the Limits of TCM

Postby jhonpointing » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:23 pm

Acupuncture in Richmond is one of the ancient forms of treatment which can target on the painful areas of bodies and extract out every pin from there helping you to live without any ache.
jhonpointing

Postby Kelly1994 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:08 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Dtay9vC3M0
Check out this for back pain treatment.
Life isn't about getting and having, it's about giving and being. –Kevin Kruse
Kelly1994

Postby CharlesBobbit » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:24 pm

Acupuncture works for me everytime with my back pain.
CharlesBobbit
Forum Newbie

Postby Kelly1994 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:41 am

CharlesBobbit wrote:Acupuncture works for me everytime with my back pain.

Acupuncture is very effective for back pain!! I have tried it too.
Life isn't about getting and having, it's about giving and being. –Kevin Kruse
Kelly1994

Return to Acupuncture Discussion Forum