new immi acupuncturist 's question

A general discussion forum for everything and anything. (Covering topics such as the latest Acupuncture news and research, Acupuncture theory, clinical practice, clinical experiences and treatment.)

Moderators: JY, PeterG

new immi acupuncturist 's question

Postby angela1972 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:09 pm

I am an 15years from china and got the visa of 475 a few months ago. i'd like to know :

1 .whether i can get a job if i don't have an austrlia acupuncture license.
2.how to join the license test (ie email,e-address etc)

thank u for ur help
angela1972
Forum Newbie

Postby mrpin » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:28 pm

Hi Angela,

I presume you are qualified to practice as a 15 year old?.. well ok then.
Anybody can practice acupuncture in NSW as it presently stands until the 2012 registration is in place, outside NSW the laws vary from state to state.
However if you want to get insurance and rebates for customers which is pretty much the only way to run a viable clinic, being a member of an association is probably a good idea.
Health funds will now only recognize you if you are part of an association that they like (which in some cases can change from week to week).
As long as you have sufficient qualifications to keep the TCM association happy you can join, this in turn will keep the health fund happy and thus the perfect yin yang beurocratic cog turns. The trick is to remain on this cog until you get dizzy and fall off.
For membership You can try your luck with atms.com.au, or visit acupuncture.org.au (AACMa) there are other associations too but this should get you started.
mrpin

Postby angela1972 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:07 pm

thank u so much for ur reply.
i didn't expect any reply ,so the time i see it really surprise me a lot.
in fact i am already 38years old ,with 15ys work experience, :oops:
i will try the web u'd given to me to see if they can help.
thanks a lot.
angela1972
Forum Newbie

Postby mrpin » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:28 pm

Welcome to Australia!
:P
mrpin

Postby Skyhigh » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:50 pm

angela1972 wrote:thank u so much for ur reply.
i didn't expect any reply ,so the time i see it really surprise me a lot.
in fact i am already 38years old ,with 15ys work experience, :oops:
i will try the web u'd given to me to see if they can help.
thanks a lot.

Hi Angela,
As a serious practitioner of TCM, coming to Australia from China, you should be aware of the liabilities and the practice of what they call TCM and acupuncture in Australia. You would be better coming here and painting toe nails than trying to practice TCM in Australia. You would earn more money here doing that than China.. I am sure you understand what I mean..

Everything here is up side down, compared to China in TCM. First there are so many limitations of herbs that you can use. Second, and in some ways most important for your own health and well being, is the insurance liability that you have to have as a practitioner.. Thirdly, with all the looming limitations coming in 2012, which as practitioners of TCM we should fight, the government regulators are going to take a big chunk of your income,.. unlike China. ... and more..the list goes on.

I would ask you, if you do decide to come to Australia and practice TCM here, would you consider to take a 弟子 and train them in the correct ways of TCM, so we could at least have some hope of keeping some of the real TCM alive in Australia..

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS.. NO REGULATION OF TCM in Australia

Sky..

PS.. Contact the Chinese Medical Association in Australia.. for more help.. Anna Chan, 08-82310736.. She is the head of the South Australian branch (at least she use to be) and whatever state you decide to settle in, I am sure that she will be able to direct you to the right person there.
Skyhigh

Postby mrpin » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:09 pm

Surprisingly there are a number of acupuncturists in Australia who are quite well versed in acupuncture/ TCM, It would be a stero type to presume otherwise. Like saying Chinese drivers can't drive that sort of thing. Unfortunately there are a lot of acupuncture practitioners who fall into the not trained in the traditional manor category or the short course.
The real problem in this country is the registration, I tend to agree it should not exist, unfortunately it is too late, the legislation is drawn, signed and now taking place.
Its just now a matter of what is involved, I presume its $ and red tape. Personally I also think it will be to the detriment of the profession, but there are some including the associations who think it is in our best interests.
I, just like you think it is not.

One other difference practicing here is many of the herbs used in China are unavailable, this is due to them being on the restricted list.
This is apparently due to many of them being considered either unsafe or endangered species. By either customs or TGA.
I can live with this if it is the case.
mrpin

Re: new immi acupuncturist 's question

Postby jhonpointing » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:19 pm

Pay a visit to Masters of TCM to get Chinese massage in Richmond on the muscle injuries. Masters of TCM has a strong sense of commitment and purpose to each patient; this is why they are the only clinic offering at least 1.5 hour treatments with each appointment and the extremely high success rate.
jhonpointing

Return to Acupuncture Discussion Forum