Acupuncture for an cyst

A general discussion forum for everything and anything. (Covering topics such as the latest Acupuncture news and research, Acupuncture theory, clinical practice, clinical experiences and treatment.)

Moderators: JY, PeterG

Acupuncture for an cyst

Postby tangal » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:36 pm

Hi,
I have an 8.8cm cyst on my ovary and have been told acupuncture may help it. I would prefer not to have it removed if there is an alternative method.
Can acupucture help, and if so does it help get rid of it or reduce it in size ?
Look forward to hearing back :)
tangal
Forum Newbie

Postby The witchdoctor » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:02 pm

HI tangal, Cycts are concidered to be a manifestation of phlegm in the body, whether this has manifested from a weakness in your system, a lifestyle excess or another environmental factor(eg living condidtions, there classical is a classical formula that is effective in the treatment of this condition. The formula is called Gui zhi fu ling wan, and can be sought at any good acupuncturist as either a raw herbal remedy powder or pill form, i would suggest that you seek a consultation with a practitioner because even though this is a good base formula to start with there maybe other symptoms that will enable the practitioner to enhance the effect of the formula with a more individualised concoction. Phlegm can be a difficult condition to shift as it usually take a long time to develop so i may be a few months to see some good results but you will see some of the fringe symptoms start to move more quickly if the therapist is onthe right track. hope this helps
The witchdoctor

Postby acudaodoc » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:03 pm

The witchdoctor wrote:Cycts are concidered to be a manifestation of phlegm in the body...there classical is a classical formula that is effective in the treatment of this condition. The formula is called Gui zhi fu ling wan...Phlegm can be a difficult condition to shift...

Yes, I would think that phlegm would take a long time to shift if you are giving a blood stasis formula. I'm sorry, but you have given this person very inaccurate information. Who taught you that cysts are ALWAYS a manifestation of phlegm? I have never seen that anywhere, and it is certainly not in the Shang Han Lun, which is where the formula you reference comes from. In fact, that any symptom is ALWAYS the result of any one pathogen pretty much goes against everything I have learned about Chinese medicine.

Gui zhi fu ling wan is a great formula for cysts if the patient has a very severe blood stasis condition. Would you really suggest that someone take this formula without any knowledge of her underlying condition? Her menstrual cycle? History or chance of current pregnancy?

To the person who asked the original question: yes, acupuncture and Chinese herbs can help. Seek a qualified practitioner and do not buy this formula on your own, as it could really mess with your menstrual cycle.
acudaodoc
Forum Newbie

Postby The witchdoctor » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:47 pm

yes well i could have been a bit excessive with including phelgm as the only reason in the picture here for ovarian cysts, but yes i heartily agree with seeing a therapist to have your condidion fully diagnosed
The witchdoctor

Postby cleondann » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:38 pm

you have to try it once. Because i think acupuncture treatment is valid for all kind of health problems.
cleondann

Postby Skyhigh » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:57 am

acudaodoc wrote:
The witchdoctor wrote:Cycts are concidered to be a manifestation of phlegm in the body...there classical is a classical formula that is effective in the treatment of this condition. The formula is called Gui zhi fu ling wan...Phlegm can be a difficult condition to shift...

Yes, I would think that phlegm would take a long time to shift if you are giving a blood stasis formula. I'm sorry, but you have given this person very inaccurate information. Who taught you that cysts are ALWAYS a manifestation of phlegm? I have never seen that anywhere, and it is certainly not in the Shang Han Lun, which is where the formula you reference comes from. In fact, that any symptom is ALWAYS the result of any one pathogen pretty much goes against everything I have learned about Chinese medicine.

Gui zhi fu ling wan is a great formula for cysts if the patient has a very severe blood stasis condition. Would you really suggest that someone take this formula without any knowledge of her underlying condition? Her menstrual cycle? History or chance of current pregnancy?

To the person who asked the original question: yes, acupuncture and Chinese herbs can help. Seek a qualified practitioner and do not buy this formula on your own, as it could really mess with your menstrual cycle.

Well said.. TCM again.. if you want to practice western go ahead.. just don't call it TCM call it .."stick with the 'pins' Aussie style" and besides.. what about dampness in the lower Jiao.. read what she said people... But I agree with history.. but in China in TCM it is done with the pulse.. not with questions.. TCM rules..

Sky,
Skyhigh

Re: Acupuncture for an cyst

Postby jhonpointing » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:19 pm

Maintaining proper hormonal levels in human bodies is a prerequisite which can be maintained perfectly by going through Acupuncture
jhonpointing

Return to Acupuncture Discussion Forum