Acupuncture for young women

A general discussion forum for everything and anything. (Covering topics such as the latest Acupuncture news and research, Acupuncture theory, clinical practice, clinical experiences and treatment.)

Moderators: JY, PeterG

Acupuncture for young women

Postby StephanieJayne19 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:00 pm

Hi,

my names Steph and I'm 19 and have very irregular periods. I'm considering going on the pill because I need help for my skin as well. So I was wondering if acupuncture can help me to regulate and also get better skin. Also is it costly? And would I need to keep going continuously?

Thanks.
StephanieJayne19
Forum Newbie

Re: Acupuncture for young women

Postby Sensei » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:51 pm

StephanieJayne19 wrote:Hi,

my names Steph and I'm 19 and have very irregular periods. I'm considering going on the pill because I need help for my skin as well. So I was wondering if acupuncture can help me to regulate and also get better skin. Also is it costly? And would I need to keep going continuously?

Thanks.

Acupuncture works well with menstrual irregularities and skin conditions. Costs vary depending on your practitioner. If cost is an issue then be sure to call around for a better price. Try using the practitioner search on this website. You may need a few treatments initially to get everything under control and then a followup/maintenance treatment every few weeks after. This all depends on your practitioners diagnosis however.
Sensei

Postby cleondann » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:39 pm

Try once... i think acupuncture treatment is very efficient in various kind of hormone problems. :)
cleondann

Postby Skyhigh » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:19 pm

StephanieJayne19 wrote:Hi,

Thanks.

Steph,
Change your diet and change your life. You are only 19 years old.. You have a lifetime to still live yet.. if you do some simple things right now, and look seriously to who you are, and where you wish to be in 2,5,10,20 more years time, you will see a difference. Your skin will begin to radiate and glow with your maturity. Your mind and body and spirit will change. Look into some TCM changes in diet and try some taiji and qigong. If you are concerned about the cost now.. think about the cost and the money you will have to spend in the future. Herbs would be best for you right now.. to help regulate the kidney yin and the liver qi. These are words used in TCM, so I would find a real practitioner of TCM who can best explain your changes and to help you with some simple herbs and exercises. In the long term, it is the simple things in life, that when done regularly, that will make the most difference to your health, now and for your future. I wish you well..

Sky..
Skyhigh

Postby jhonpointing » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:30 pm

Acupuncture works in a preventative capacity as well as dealing with the problem initially. The following regime is always followed, but each type of ailment is unique to the individual and so will be treated according to the individual cause. All treatments take into consideration the psychological effect the ailment has on you and your lifestyle Herbs which are prescribed in pill or raw form depending on the individual palate and case
jhonpointing

Postby Kelly1994 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:25 pm

Acupuncture works well with menstrual irregularities and skin conditions. Costs vary depending on your practitioner. If cost is an issue then be sure to call around for a better price. Try using the practitioner search on this website. You may need a few treatments initially to get everything under control and then a followup/maintenance treatment every few weeks after. This all depends on your practitioner's diagnosis, however.

Agreed with him. It will help you to improve skin conditions.
Life isn't about getting and having, it's about giving and being. –Kevin Kruse
Kelly1994

Return to Acupuncture Discussion Forum