My Acupuncture experience

A general discussion forum for everything and anything. (Covering topics such as the latest Acupuncture news and research, Acupuncture theory, clinical practice, clinical experiences and treatment.)

Moderators: JY, PeterG

My Acupuncture experience

Postby Pyonecho » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:35 pm

I am a 60 year old practioner of Acupuncture from Myanmar, practicing this art for over 25 years. At first, it was with needles, but now as I found out that it was more effective and less time consuming with point injection therapy, I have been pushing in small amounts of distilled water into the points and getting excellent results. I have about 70 followers now, nearly all of them, doctors. I am also a Professor of Anaesthesiology, but will be retiring soon. I would like to exchange views with all interested persons.
Pyonecho
Forum Newbie

Postby oztcm » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:45 pm

Hi Myanmar,

I did point injection when I was in China. It is a good treatment. However I don't know whether I can do it in Australia or not. Or whether I can find the syringe and needles. And most importantly, not able to find herbal extract which can be injected as in China.

Are you practice in Australia? If you do, as a registered anesthetist, there is no problem to inject just water to your patient since you are allowed to inject medicine.
oztcm
Forum Newbie

Postby mrpin » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:14 am

Yes I too like point injection therapy, unfortunately politics prohibit the use of it for TCM practitioners here in oz.. If you are able to get past politics then try getting insurance the odds are stacked against you.
With point injection, stimulation of points can occur long after the acupuncture needle is removed which is good if the region requires long term stimulation such as in trigger point or golgi for local pain relief, yes it certainly does have some fantastic applications.
As an alternative, microsystems such as auriculotherapy may be used where a take home option of ongoing point stimulation is validated.
Longer term I would love to see a more integrative approach to acupuncture where practitioners are able to utilise the best aspects of both east and western diagnosis and applications without all the restrictive practice politics currently in place.
I am not aware of any university in oz teaching acupuncture/ TCM incorperating this modality into its curicula, then again restrictions on medical imaging and lots of other useful stuff is still here for I can only presume industry protection purposes.
In China many fantastic techniques are available for practitioners which are unavailable here even as a post graduate courses.
Perhaps the joys of industry protection politics?

shame really.

I would love to hear more on this topic, even though I can't use it maybe one day this will change and the information - tips will still be here.
mrpin

Acupuncture

Postby Pyonecho » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:14 pm

mrpin wrote:Yes I too like point injection therapy, unfortunately politics prohibit the use of it for TCM practitioners here in oz.. If you are able to get past politics then try getting insurance the odds are stacked against you.
With point injection, stimulation of points can occur long after the acupuncture needle is removed which is good if the region requires long term stimulation such as in trigger point or golgi for local pain relief, yes it certainly does have some fantastic applications.
As an alternative, microsystems such as auriculotherapy may be used where a take home option of ongoing point stimulation is validated.
Longer term I would love to see a more integrative approach to acupuncture where practitioners are able to utilise the best aspects of both east and western diagnosis and applications without all the restrictive practice politics currently in place.
I am not aware of any university in oz teaching acupuncture/ TCM incorperating this modality into its curicula, then again restrictions on medical imaging and lots of other useful stuff is still here for I can only presume industry protection purposes.
In China many fantastic techniques are available for practitioners which are unavailable here even as a post graduate courses.

shame really.

I would love to hear more on this topic, even though I can't use it maybe one day this will change and the information - tips will still be here.

My followers, the doctors have problems here in Myanmar as our country have no laws yet to legalize the practice. I told them to state their practice as trigger point therapy so as to make the practice legal.
I even stimulate the ear points with the same method.
Pyonecho
Forum Newbie

Acupuncture

Postby Pyonecho » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:22 pm

oztcm wrote:Hi Myanmar,

I did point injection when I was in China. It is a good treatment. However I don't know whether I can do it in Australia or not. Or whether I can find the syringe and needles. And most importantly, not able to find herbal extract which can be injected as in China.

Are you practice in Australia? If you do, as a registered anesthetist, there is no problem to inject just water to your patient since you are allowed to inject medicine.

You dont need Herbal extracts. I have yet never left Myanmar in my lifetime.
Pyonecho
Forum Newbie

Postby Skyhigh » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:10 pm

What can I say here but you have to act now or loose all rights.

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS.. NO REGULATION OF TCM in Australia..

or we will end up with what will be only watered down something from China.. I think it was from something called TCM..

Now we have to call it "stick em with the 'pins' thing from.. well I think it is Aussie style ...

NO.. if you value TCM and it roots and the practices of TCM and it many disciplines.. THEN FIGHT FOR IT..

NO REGULATION OF TCM IN AUSTRALIA...

if you do not, you will loose any opportunity to practice real TCM in Australia. As you can see from this post, there is more to acupuncture that just "stick em with the 'pins' Aussie style"..

OR

IS THAT WHAT WE WANT AS PRACTITIONERS IN AUSTRALIA
Skyhigh

Re: My Acupuncture experience

Postby jhonpointing » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:50 pm

The medical experts at TCM can provide effective Acupuncture, in Australia to recover all the issues regarding digestive system and be healthy forever by gorging delicious foods.
jhonpointing

Re:

Postby Kelly1994 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:14 pm

mrpin wrote:Yes I too like point injection therapy, unfortunately politics prohibit the use of it for TCM practitioners here in oz.. If you are able to get past politics then try getting insurance the odds are stacked against you.

shame really.

Agreed with him. In China, Indeed there are different techniques and procedure for practitioners available for them.
Life isn't about getting and having, it's about giving and being. –Kevin Kruse
Kelly1994

Re: My Acupuncture experience

Postby Kelly1994 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:48 am

jhonpointing wrote:The medical experts at TCM can provide effective Acupuncture, in Australia to recover all the issues regarding digestive system and be healthy forever by gorging delicious foods.

I second him yes they have better facilitation then others.
Life isn't about getting and having, it's about giving and being. –Kevin Kruse
Kelly1994

Return to Acupuncture Discussion Forum