Sun style tai chi

A general discussion forum for everything and anything. (Covering topics such as the latest Acupuncture news and research, Acupuncture theory, clinical practice, clinical experiences and treatment.)

Moderators: JY, PeterG

Sun style tai chi

Postby mrpin » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:30 pm

Anyone practicing this style in Sydney?
mrpin

Postby mrpin » Sun May 10, 2009 9:10 pm

All right I'll settle for Chen style then
mrpin

settling on Chen style

Postby afshinm » Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:10 pm

No need to settle.

Doesn't matter what style of taiji you practice if your goal is to learn correct internal-arts body mechanics and skills. Forms come and go, the quality of movement is what you seek. Stylistic differences only matter at superficial levels.

And since Chen style is the originator of the other styles, with all its martial components intact, why would you think it would be settling?

Regards.
afshinm
Forum Newbie

Postby mrpin » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:00 pm

Chen, Wu, Sun Yang all great!
(I just like sun style practical stances). :D
mrpin

Postby 52luck » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:38 am

I preffer Chen style
52luck
Forum Newbie

Re: settling on Chen style

Postby Skyhigh » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:51 pm

afshinm wrote:No need to settle.

Doesn't matter what style of taiji you practice if your goal is to learn correct internal-arts body mechanics and skills. Forms come and go, the quality of movement is what you seek. Stylistic differences only matter at superficial levels.

And since Chen style is the originator of the other styles, with all its martial components intact, why would you think it would be settling?

Regards.

Well put!! It is not the style so much as the practice that counts. As it is correctly said, Chen style is the original, but there are also differences in the Chen style and also the difference in form too.. it is an adventure to start to learn a new style, but the old style is just the same in the long run.. it is all YOU.. yes...YOU.. first comes the first step to a journey of a thousand steps.. for it is not the destination that counts, but the journey and how much you enjoy it. It is not the style so much as to what you put into the learning that counts, for as you learn, you will discover that you really know nothing... as it was stated... "correct internal-arts body mechanics and skills."
For me, it goes deeper than that... it has become a journey of self discovery and to see the world for what it really is.. when you discover this.. you will discover what true TCM is based on.. and understand the Tao..

Sky,

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS.. NO REGULATION FOR TCM in Australia..
Skyhigh

Re: Sun style tai chi

Postby jhonpointing » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:03 pm

I like Chen style........
jhonpointing

Return to Acupuncture Discussion Forum