Formation of an online study group.

A general discussion forum for everything and anything. (Covering topics such as the latest Acupuncture news and research, Acupuncture theory, clinical practice, clinical experiences and treatment.)

Moderators: JY, PeterG

Formation of an online study group.

Postby dragon-phoenix » Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:05 pm

Hi,

I am wondering whether there is an interest out there for the formation of an online study group dedicated to examining in detail the content of the Yellow Emperor's Classic - su wen and ling shu.

The purpose of this would be a chance for current TCM students around Australia to learn the more subtler aspects of TCM by looking at what these principles texts have to say about the subject. Input from current practitioners would be also welcome, as then students would have the wisdom of clinical experience of these topics added.

This would be informal and also designed to be fun and social as well as enlightening. Learning 'the basics' would enhance what we all formally learn in our respective courses too.

I'm willing to set it all up - I'm just putting it out there to see if there is any interest, predominantly from students, but also graduates and established practitioners also.

If you have any further queries, send me a personal message or post a reply to this thread.

Thanks all....

P
dragon-phoenix
Forum Newbie

Postby dragonphoenix73 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:47 am

Yep. :lol:
:?:
"Observe nourishment, and seek fulfillment for the mouth by yourself."
- Yi Jing, Hexagram 27
dragonphoenix73
Forum Newbie

Re: Formation of an online study group.

Postby Sensei » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:09 pm

Hi there,

If I didn't have other commitments right now I would like to help out. I do have an interest in the classics like most practitioners. What areas where you thinking of looking at in more depth? Did you have any specific topics or aspects of the texts?

Sensei.

dragon-phoenix wrote:Hi,

I am wondering whether there is an interest out there for the formation of an online study group dedicated to examining in detail the content of the Yellow Emperor's Classic - su wen and ling shu.

The purpose of this would be a chance for current TCM students around Australia to learn the more subtler aspects of TCM by looking at what these principles texts have to say about the subject. Input from current practitioners would be also welcome, as then students would have the wisdom of clinical experience of these topics added.

This would be informal and also designed to be fun and social as well as enlightening. Learning 'the basics' would enhance what we all formally learn in our respective courses too.

I'm willing to set it all up - I'm just putting it out there to see if there is any interest, predominantly from students, but also graduates and established practitioners also.

If you have any further queries, send me a personal message or post a reply to this thread.

Thanks all....

P
Sensei

Postby dragonphoenix73 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:03 pm

Hi, thanks for the reply...

I hadn't really thought much on details on how this would operate, hoping that 'the group' could decide that initially. Talking with a friend of mine we both kinda thought that one person 'leads' discussion on a chapter (or a section of a chapter, because some of them are quite large), and we all comment...

...or that we all read a particular chapter and have a week/month/etc to discuss it amongst ourselves....

It could be held in a forum like this one, where each thread focusses on a chapter, 'hosted' by a different person - in which case there could be multiple chapters being discussed at any one point (eg, 81 - one for each of the su wen)...

...or it could be done via email, like a Yahoo group system...

Most of us will be fairly busy, whether we are students or practitioners, so I like the idea of a flexible system that means everyone can have a say, and our discussions are available to be read by others also. I personally like the idea of a dedicated forum (perhaps set up on this site? I don't know the logistics.... maybe available for members only?), but I also can see the advantages/disadvantages of an email-group.

I'm open to suggestions....
- Yi Jing, Hexagram 27
dragonphoenix73
Forum Newbie

Postby dragonphoenix73 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:24 pm

For those interested...

I think we will be getting something started here on this forum.

Keep watching this space....

:D
- Yi Jing, Hexagram 27
dragonphoenix73
Forum Newbie

Postby Larcen » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:13 am

ya sounds great they are enough student 2 start with so lets count...
Larcen :D
Larcen
Forum Newbie

Postby dragonphoenix73 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:11 am

Well, if you wanted to kick something off, Larcen by all means...

Also, it seems that there is something set up over at TCMFORUMS.COM - except that there don't appear to be any members or posts (except for me) - but check it out, maybe someone has started posting...

:)
- Yi Jing, Hexagram 27
dragonphoenix73
Forum Newbie

study group?

Postby Javiera » Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:49 am

Hi!
I am a student of TCM in Chile, S.A...but I'd like to join the study group if possible. Let me know if you've decided to go ahead with the group, if you've done it on another site, and if I can join.
Thanks!
Javiera
Javiera
Forum Newbie

Postby stiev » Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:16 pm

Me too. I'll join. There aren't many posts here though. Things seem to go a bit slow. I'd love to join a study group. I'm studying TCM, but most of it seems to be western science. It drives us up the wall!
stiev

Return to Acupuncture Discussion Forum